Saturday 31 August 2019

Discontinued Museum Miniatures Hordes

Arab Hordes - 10 x Irr Hd [O]

Museum Miniatures are in the process of replacing some of their ranges using 3D printing to create the masters before making the castings moulds. I already had a lot of their old Indian Arab figures and I rather liked them and didn't want to mix in new sculpts to make up some missing elements of hordes. Dave at MM had informed me that the old figures were no longer available, even to special order as he has retired the range. Luckily I had purchased a lot of them a couple of years back and like magic a large batch of them appeared for sale on EBay. I decided that I didnt like a lot of the improvised weapons on the peasant castings so I drilled out their hands and replaced a lot of them with metal spears! I had already painted up lots of hordes a few years back but had sold most of them on to other people and thought it was time I made sure I had enough elements of my own just in case I need to field them.

I scanned the army lists and worked out I needed ten elements of Indian Horde, which I already had, twenty elements of Syrian type hordes, which meant I will add another ten elements in a slightly different painting style. I had completed my Fatamids many years ago so I already have Ardath and Rioting Egyptian City Mobs! 

The figures took me about a week to complete because I wanted them as colourful as possible.

Museum Miniatures MD04 Hordes


1 comment: